Thursday, June 23, 2011

H-O-T and D-R-Y

Hot and dry do not even begin to describe the weather here in West Texas.  Since January we have had just a little bit over an inch of rain.  We have been in the 100's, think 104+, the last month.  The wind blows and it is hot.  The wind blows and brings nothing but dirt with it.  That being said, the girls have not been able to spend just a whole bunch of time outside, this heat has also put a damper on our eating outside in the evenings. 


So when the girls asked if they could have breakfast outside on Saturday morning, I said absolutely!! 


So here are my girlies enjoying breakfast outside, and yes that is PW cinnamon toast!  I heart that stuff and could eat it every morning!!


That same Saturday morning, we had our last t-ball game.  We were playing in a tournament and would like to have played to the end, but we got beat and the season came to an end.  It wasn't all bad, cause the high for that day was forcasted to hit 107 and I really didn't want to sit out in that and I really wasn't wanting to have to watch Taryn sweat it out in that heat.

My big girl learned a lot this summer playing tball.  She has learned how to hold a bat, how to throw and at the end even how to hit pretty good and run a little faster.  She is already asking when she can play again.  We have to do some work and hopefully get her in the infield next year.

Taryn and Rhealee have been in Brownfield this week and Taryn is taking swim lessons from her favorite guy in the whole wold, Cade.  He is a lifeguard at the swimming pool in Brownfield and is giving her private lessons and she is loving every minute of it.  I hear she is doing well and getting comfortable in the pool, I hate that I am missing it, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity for her to take lessons from one she trust and loves.  I can't wait to see her in the water and see everything that she has learned this week.

We will be going to the lake in a couple of weekends and then on to Dallas for almost a week.  We will be going to Great Wolf Lodge, an indoor water park, and The Coach and I wanted her to be comfortable in the water.  I don't expect her to be a full fledge swimmer by the end of the week, but I am hopeful that she will enjoy the water and feel comfortable without one of us holding onto her the entire time.

No comments: