Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Big Girl...

Taryn started Thursday school this year. Thursday School is a wonderful program that our church does for 3 and 4 yr olds in Brownfield. I hadn't thought about Taryn being big enough to start this year until somebody asked me if I wanted to pre-register her a couple of weeks after Rhealee was born. I cried that day when I realized she WAS big enough to go to Thursday school.

So the day before I started talking to her about going to school once a week like mommy and daddy do everyday. She didn't really understand but was excited to get to go to her church.

Here she is dressed and ready to go to "Meet the Teacher Night" at Thursday school. She picked her outfit, complete with the non-matching headband. She still didn't understand what she would be doing, but was so excited to see so many people she knew from church and she made a few new friends that night. Taryn picked her outfit again, complete with the non-matching headband. This was the first day of Thursday school. She was a little nervous about me leaving her, but was excited at the same time. I took the day off so I could take and pick her up the first day. Rhealee had shots that afternoon so it all worked out.

This is Taryn on the second week of Thursday school. She asked me almost everyday if it was time for her to go to school yet? I guess I'm going to have to make a chart so she can mark off the days and she will know when it is Thursday. She is such a visual learner.
It is so great knowing her teacher, all most all of them go to church with us. They are so amazing and are doing such a wonderful work. Several of them have told me how great Taryn has been and how helpful she is with the other kids in her group. I hope she continues to enjoy going to Thursday school and learning new things every week. It wont be long before she is going to kindergarten. What am I going to do? They grow up way, way to fast.


No comments: