Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Schools out for SUMMER!!!!!

Ah do you hear that?  It's the sound of no alarm clock blaring at 5:30 every morning!!  It's the sound of no fourth graders fighting!!  That can only mean that it is SUMMER!!!  I am so excited that it is summer.  We don't have much going on for the month of June except cheerleading stuff and Coaches Outreach.  July will be busy with vacation and cheerleading camp.


Taryn graduated from Prek the last week of school.  Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures, my batteries on my camera were dead.  Another teacher took some pictures for me, but I haven't gotten them yet.  Taryn was excited for graduation, but if you ask her if she is ready for Kinder, she tells you no.  She doesn't like change and would be perfectly happy staying with Mrs. Vaughn forever.  She also thinks because she is still only 4 that she can't go to Kinder yet. 
First Day of PreK
Last day of PreK
























The last week of school was full of activities.  One of those was Jr. Olympics.  It was a fun day filled with field events, teacher races and running races.  The entire elementary was involved and it was a bunch of fun (minus burning the backs of my knees).  Taryn was so excited when she got a few ribbons.  She was very proud of her accomplishments.  I had fun participating in the teacher races. I ruled the picking items up with your toes portion!!!
Yes my tongue is hanging out of my mouth!  That is how focused I was!

Ready to put my toe pinching skills to the test!!
Hula Hoop relay!!
Taryn running down the long jump track!


Softball throw (only with a tennis ball)



The last day of school and graduation were Thursday.  This was a great day, the official start to summer vacation.  The girls went to Floydada and stayed the night with PaPa and Carol, so that Cory and I could go to graduation and then to Project Graduation.  I thought it sounded like a good idea, but when I realized that the bus wasn't even leaving for Lubbock until 11p.m., I was beginning to think I was crazy for agreeing to go.  Here in Petersburg, the coaches go and spend the night with the kids, so I thought it would be fun.  Well bedtime for me is around 10:30/11:00 every night.  So when we were leaving town, I should have been going to sleep.  It ended up being a blast.  They took us to Dave's Need For Speed.  We played putt-putt, laser tag, and raced go carts.  There were about 50 high school kids there and it was an absolute blast.  The best part was racing the go-carts.  We stayed there until 4 a.m. before heading back home.  There were still kids in line to ride the go-carts when it was time to leave.  I loved seeing the kids having fun and not wanting to go home after only a couple of hours.  We got back to our house right at 5, we crawled in bed and took a little nap before the alarm went off at 7:15 to get up and go to in service for the day!  That was a hard thing to do, I really just wanted to stay in bed a little longer.


Saturday we kicked off summer with an impromptu cookout with our good friends the Rendons.  Coach Rendon works with Cory and Jennifer is the lady that takes care of Rhealee.  They came over along with their two kids and we sat in the backyard and let the kids play in the pool until 10p.m.  It is so nice to have the time with friends.  Just hanging out and visiting with no cares in the world.  That is what summer is all about.



Look at all those sweet, messy faces!!  Not a care in the world with this bunch!
Sunday we went to church and then decided to head out to the golf course.  Even though it was 104 degrees and a sustained wind of about 30 mph.  We took Rhealee to Lockney and left her with my parents and took Taryn with us.  Taryn was a trooper, she was having a blast, I was the one who got tired first.  I would have been fine if we hadn't run out of water!!  It was good to get out on the golf course and hit a few good hits, even in the wind.  Makes me ready for some more golf (just don't know when that will happen).
Cory teaching Taryn how to golf!  Hopefully she takes after her mommy and not her daddy.  Joking!!
But he did spend more time than me looking for his golf ball.  Notice there is no golf club in his hand.  Hehe!!

This week is busy with vacation bible school and cheerleaders making signs.  I am already ready for the weekend.  My house looks like a small bomb went off, mostly from the laundry.  That is my goal for tomorrow!  We shall see though, it is summer and there is always tomorrow to do laundry!!

Hope everyone is having a great first week of summer vacation!!  I know we are!!

1 comment:

KirkKrew said...

We're going to CO in Kerrville. What about y'all?