Saturday, May 01, 2010

Easter....Just A Little Late!!!!

We celebrated Easter this year with Cory's family. We rotate Easter and Mother's Day between his family and mine. It works out great for us!! So this year we were here in town.

We spent Saturday evening dying and stuffing our Easter Eggs. The stuffing of candy is my part and the dying is Cory's part. Taryn loves to help with both!!



Very intent on her job of dying the eggs!!


Cory and his girls hard at work. Yes Rhealee even tried to assist in the madness that was.


Sunday morning we attended services at our church before heading over to Cory's moms for lunch and egg hunting. I had prepared pulled pork, so we had pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw, and all sorts of sides. We finished off lunch with homemade ice cream and angel food cake. Divine I must say. My mother-in-law makes a pretty mean angel food cake!!

Here is my little family. I must say that we clean up nicely. Even Cory got dressed up for the occasion!!



This is my mother-in-law and all of her grandchildren. My poor nephew is so out-numbered!!!


I had a really hard time getting both of my girls to look a the camera at the same time. They were adorable in their matching dresses. Thanks to their Great-Grandma for buying these for Rhealee's birthday. I know I won't be able to dress them in matching clothes forever, so I am taking advantage of it right now while I still can.

After all the posed pictures it was time to do some egg hunting. Taryn and Megan were way too excited and the adults couldn't get the eggs hid fast enough. Rhealee on the other hand didn't really understand what was going on so she was picking up the eggs as fast as they could hide them.

Nobody was safe from confetti eggs this year!!! We had a blast trying to get each other. I ended up with confetti in places that there shouldn't be confetti.



Rhealee picking up eggs as fast as we were hiding them. Notice the chocolate on her shirt. She figured out how to open an egg and helped herself to some candy!!!



Rhealee still eating chocolate and playing on the slide. She is a little chocolate monster! What can I say they have learned from one of the best chocolate eaters!!


So paybacks hit the Golden house this year. About 5 years ago my hubby decided in his genius mind that it would be cute to get our nieces and nephews baby chicks for Easter. This was against much protest from me. You see I knew that we would someday be repaid for this gift!!!


Well it happened this year!!! We were given 3 small yellow chicks. Yes I was in a "told you so" sort of mood all day!! Uggg what were we going to do with chickens?


Rhealee wasn't really sure what to think at first. She tried to squeeze this poor guy to death. She thought they were toys. Ha!Taryn on the other hand was such a little mother to these chicks. She spent all afternoon in the back yard with her Cousin Megan playing and taking care of the chicks. In fact in this picture she is singing to the little guy.



We brought the chicks home and set up chicken farming in our garage. We named the 3 chicks: Hope, Peep and Chick. Taryn really enjoyed going out and playing with them the first week we had them, but the newness soon wore off and it was up to daddy to take care of the little guys. After about 2 weeks one of the chicks died. This was a little upsetting to Taryn but we got through the trauma of losing our first pet.


The 2 remaining chicks were doing well and growing very quickly. Cory was in the process of finding them a new home when tragedy struck us again. Taryn and I came home from school this past Monday and went to check on the chicks......they were dead!!! Oh this was bad, really bad. You see with the first one dying Taryn didn't actually see the chicken we just told her. Well Monday she was right beside me and saw them :( poor thing was really upset this time. We had to bury the chickens.


Poor chickens they weren't meant for garage living. Oh well we tried!! Thanks for the Easter gift Aunt Robin, sorry we weren't very good chicken farmers!!!

2 comments:

SkinnyMeg said...

You guys look like you had a blast on Easter! I can't wait for Madi to be big enough to do Easter eggs. My Mom tried with her, but she just spilled the dye on the floor. :) Thank you so much for your super sweet commnet on my blog, you really made my day!! You have a beautiful family although your poor husband is out numbered :)

Charles Keaton said...

And who taught you the art of eating & loving chocolate??