Sunday, May 02, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

So I am trying really hard to keep this blog more up to date and not waiting a month in between and then doing a dozen post. So here is our weekend wrap up.

Friday night was a lazy night around here. We had pizza that was left-over from the pizza party my class won!! My class was named "Outstanding Classroom" for the 5th Six Weeks!!

Cory had plans for taking Miss Taryn out on a little date to our local movie theater. I told Taryn that she needed to put on some nice clothes and fix her hair. So she picked out a dress and matching bow. Cory smiled and groaned all at the same time. You see he had planned on going to the movie in his typical "coaching" attire, wind suite pants and a t-shirt. He was very kind to change into jeans and a shirt. They were off to see "How to Tame Your Dragon" complete with popcorn and a sprite.


Rhealee and I stayed and held down the fort. I was really surprised when they came home early than I expected them. Apparently the movies sound was a little off at the beginning and it bothered Taryn. They stayed for about half of the movie before Cory asked if she was ok and she said she was scared, so they came home.

Here they are getting ready to leave for their date. Not the best picture but at least I remembered to get one.

Saturday we had plans of staying home, being lazy, working on laundry and cleaning house. I got up and fixed pancakes on Taryn's request. During the process of getting breakfast ready my mom called and said they were headed to Levelland for 4-H event. So we changed our pace and got dressed to head over for lunch with them. We had a yummy lunch and then headed to Wal-Mart to get our grocery shopping done for the week. I have to admit that my weekly budget does better when I don't have 3 extra sets of hands helping me! Oh well I still managed to stay pretty close to my budget. Including an unplanned pie.


A co-worker of Cory's made this pie for us after Rhealee was born last year and it has been a Golden family fave ever since.


I don't know if this pie has a real name, but we call it "The Divine" pie!! It is one of the easiest things you can make and very quick. We have tried many different varieties of this and they have all been great.


Here is everything you will need to make this pie.1 pie crust

1 pkg cream cheese

1 can of sweetened condensed milk

1/3 cup of lemon juice

1 tsp of vanilla

Carmel and Chocolate to drizzle


Oh and one of these:


Just the best kitchen helper a mom could ask for.


Ok back to the pie: Combine the sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese in your mixer and beat until well combined. Then add the lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until smooth.


Just look at that sweet little hand helping me!!! What get's better than that?


Once combined, then pour half of the mixture into a graham cracker crust and drizzle with carmel and chocolate. Then pour the rest of the mixture into the pie and top with more carmel and chocolate.
Freeze for 1 hour before devouring and enjoying every bite!!!


Sunday wasn't very eventful in this house. We went to church, got some lunch, took naps, worked on laundry and got ready for the week.


I did have Cory complete one little project for me though. You see about a month ago the device I had holding all my necklaces up feel off the wall from all the weight. So today I bought a stronger hanger and had Cory put it in the closet for me!! Now all my necklaces are hanging nice and neat!!!


So that was our weekend. Nothing exciting, but that's ok. The coming week is a short week at school!!! YIPPIE!!! But it is a busy week, but it does include a girls night out!!! Hope you have a great week!!

3 comments:

SkinnyMeg said...

That pie looks delish! You have a TON on necklaces, I like how you hang them, very smart!

crgolden said...

Yes I do have a ton of necklaces, most of them I have made myself. It's my side hobby!!!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I make that pie every year for the holidays only I add cherry pie filling on top after I refrigerate it for several hours. It was something my mom always made so I am carrying on the tradition. Anything with cream cheese is good in my book.