Sunday, May 16, 2010

Oh No its the BIG...3-0!!!

So I have reached a milestone in my life. This past Monday I turned 30!!! I was dreading this birthday, but as it turns out it isn't so bad being 30. I really don't feel any different than I did at 29. Except for the fact that I will be having my foot cut open and surgery at 30. But more about that at a later time.

So to start my birthday celebration I went to dinner on Thursday the 6th with some girl-friends, including my sister!! My dear friend Cathie made this divine Key Lime Mouse Pie. It was soooo goood!! This is Cathie and myself (ignore my sunburn we had been outside all day at school!!). Cathie is the reason on know my hubby!!
We ended the evening celebrating Gabe and Ashlee's engagement!!!
Friday we didn't have school and the girls had gone to stay with my parents so Cory and I slept in!! Then my hubby went and got me my favorite breakfast....Breakfast Burritos!!! Then I spent most of the day laying around feeling awful thanks to my sinus and allergies. We did go get some dinner at a local Mexican food restaurant followed by a Blizzard. Then we crawled and bed to watch a movie and I was asleep shortly after 9.
Saturday we met my family for lunch in Lubbock at a new place I have been dying to try it is called Rain Uptown. It was soooo good. During the day they have a very diverse menu anything from pancakes to pasta dishes. At night though it goes very grown up, table clothes, candle light and menu of nothing but Italian dishes. I can't wait to go back on a date with my hubby....(hint hint).
My brother was in town so he got to join us for lunch along with my sister, mom, dad and Grandma.

Rhealee loved the balloons!!!

Taryn getting some lovin' from her Doakie.


My "princess" ice cream cake. It was peanut butter and chocolate. It was cute and good.

Taryn and her Uncle Rusty...they both love taking their own pictures.

We celebrated Mother's Day in between my birthday celebrations. We spent the weekend with my mom and dad and enjoyed lunch with them. I fixed that divine pie that my friend Cathie had made and my family approved of it also, so I will be adding it to my recipe book.
Monday was my actual birthday and I treated myself to a burrito on the way to school along with a Sonic coke. The day was uneventful for the most part. My hubby did take me to dinner and it was a "surprise" party but one thing was missing...Cory forgot to invite any of our friends!!!
Here are all the empty seats that were supposed to contain my friends.Here's all the family that Cory was able to remember to invite. Hehe this is something he won't be living down anytime soon.
You see we got calls to interview at a different school and they could interview us both on Monday and when this all came about Cory got distracted and didn't follow through with calling and inviting friends to come join us for dinner. Then when I cancelled my interview and he changed his, it was too late for him to get people there for the Surprise Party. Like I said he owes me big time and I wont be letting him live this down anytime soon!!

No comments: