Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Rhealee Grace!!!

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Rhealee's first birthday. We decided some time back that having her party in Lockney at Doakie and Gramps would be the best thing to do. The weather in West Texas is hard to predict and my house is really not big enough to hold all of our family and friends comfortably for very long.

The day didn't start out the way we had really planned. Rhealee woke up with what we thought was a stomach bug and she made it very difficult for anybody to get any work done. She is such a trooper though and when it came time for the party she was in a great mood and loved every minute of the attention she was getting.

So that being said, my mom was very kind in offering her house, dishes and services. And for that we are thankful. We planned a cute little brunch. The spread of food we had on the table was crazy. Chips, hot sauce, guacamole, little smokies (Cory's request), stuffed mushrooms, meatballs, two different kinds of pinwheels, mini corn dogs, mini quiches, sushi, mini cinnamon rolls, and two different kinds of punch. We were in no means short on food, and in no means did we leave much food to be put away. It was all so good!!!!

Instead of a big cake, my wonderful Aunt Tammie made three different kinds of cupcakes. She has an amazing talent and I hope one day to have the knowledge and skill she has of baking cakes/cupcakes. I made myself sick off those things. I think my final count of the day was four cupcakes. I had to try one of each kind and then have a second of my favorite. hehehe!!!

Here are some pics from the party. Hope you enjoy!!!
All the cousins sitting on the sun porch. From Left to Right: Taryn, Sydni, Rhealee, Kagen and Payten. What a fine looking group (and no we did not plan Taryn and Payten's outfits)! Rhealee sitting with her presents. She had a very good birthday. She is really loving her own rocking chair! She knew exactly what that was and what to do with it, now she does not have to share with sister!!!

Aunt Christina putting the finishing touches on the cupcake tower. Look at all that food!!!! We really did put a major dent in all this food as there was not much left to put away!


Rhealee and her PaPa. She loves him, but I think he loves her a little more!!! He is known as the baby hog!!!



Rhealee and I. In the background is my mom, Aunt Christina and Uncle Don. Not the best picture but it is the only on I got of Rhealee and I on her birthday.


Rhealee in her chair again. Thanks to Great-Grandma for making this moment possible.



Rhealee and Ganky (Cory's mom). Rhealee is holding her new favorite baby doll that Aunt Tammie gave her. It smells like vanilla, yumm-0!




I love this pic of all the little girls helping me unwrap presents. In the picture is my niece Megan, Taryn and my cousin Sydni. They were such great helpers!!!




Rhealee you look like such a big girl in this picture. I love your outfit and the balloon tied to your arm to complete the look. A BIG thanks goes out to Kylee for making the tu-tu in such short notice. It looks great with the onesie!





This last minute frog purchase by Cory just may be Rhealee's favorite toy. When you push the hand it plays a song about shaking it. Rhealee is loving shaking her body like a mad woman when it comes on. The girl can be in another room but will still start shaking her whole body if she hears the song. It is cracking us up. Thanks Cory for your randomness and feeling the need to purchase this toy!! What great laughter it has brought our house!!



Another cool toy that Rhealee is loving!! It lights up and plays music all while looking like a jewelry box!


Another shot of Rhealee in her rocking chair. Can you tell what she really liked and was pleased too sit in all day!!


The cute little banner I picked up at Target!! I thought I would be real ambitious and make this, but never got around to doing so and then came across this for next to nothing in cost. Glade I decided to wait. Loved it and saved it for parties to come!


Rhealee playing with a balloon. No party is complete without tons of balloons and that is just what we had. Rhealee enjoyed them and so did all the other little guys.

Since Rhealee wasn't feeling good on Saturday at the party we decided we would wait and let her have her special cake later. She felt fine on Sunday so after lunch we let her go to town. We sang her happy birthday and she was really not sure what to think about that. You can tell from the look on her face, either my singing is really bad or she has no idea what is going on.




Taryn loved the fact that we were going to let Rhealee eat the cake with her hands. Rhealee on the other hand wasn't really sure what we wanted her too do. So after a minute or so we let Taryn show her how it was done. They both thought this was funny. After Taryn showed her Rhealee went to town.


Just being funny, I thought I would take the cake to her face. This is how she preferred to eat the cake. But then again who wouldn't. She was eating cake, being fed and not getting dirty. Now that is the life.

Look at that face. And yes her mouth is full of cake. She really enjoyed the icing!!!



Going face first in for some more icing. That is my daughter, she knows good icing when she taste it. And let me tell you that is some of the best icing you will ever taste. Aunt Tammie makes some sinfully good icing to go along with some sinfully good cupcakes and cakes.



After all that sugar, it was time for Rhealee to take a nap. And what better place to do so then on her daddy's chest!!! This is my favorite picture from the weekend.
We had a great weekend and are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family.
Thanks to everyone who came and helped us celebrate. To those who couldn't make it we missed you!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RHEALEE GRACE!!!!



















1 comment:

SkinnyMeg said...

What a great party and she is sooooooooo cute in her outfit!