Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oh Spring Break Where Did You Go?

Man where did Spring Break go? It was a much needed break from school. My kids were getting tired of each other and me. And I have to admit I was getting a little tired of them!! Shhhh please don't tell. I was really looking forward to spending the week with my girls and Cory. We made no plans other than cleaning some things out around the house. That is exactly what we did!!!

The girls were asked to model in the Spring Fashion Show here in Brownfield. Taryn had done this when she was little and so she was excited to get to do it again. Rhealee modeled for the local pharmacy and Taryn was in the Easter Parade showing off her Easter clothes. It was a wam-bam ordeal for myself. I left school at 10:55, picked Taryn up from Thursday school at 11:15, arrived at the church for the style show in time to change both girls and get in line with Rhealee. Rhealee modeled at Noon as we came off the stage I dropped her off with Joyce and picked Taryn up from Joyce. Taryn was in the wrong outfit so we did a quick wardrobe change, lined up, she did her thing, then we changed outfit and she went again. As soon as she finished, I gathered their things and rushed back to school. I had to be back on campus by 12:55, I got there at 12:58. Not too bad, but still a crazy lunch hour.

Here are some pics of the girls in their outfits before modeling. I wasn't smooth enough to get a picture of them while they were modeling.

Taryn in her Easter dress. Grandma had bought this for her a while back and for that I was thankful. We found out Taryn was modeling the night before so I was glade to have this in the closet already!!!
Rhealee in her outfit from the pharmacy. It's not the best picture of the outfit, but it is really cute!

Taryn in her egg hunting outfit. This was a battle picking out what she would wear. I wanted one thing and she wanted this. You can see who won this battle!!!
Friday afternoon after school was out, we packed up and headed to Lockney for the weekend. We met up with Gramps in Lubbock to buy some things for Rhealee's birthday party. The girls went on to Lockney with Gramps while Cory and I stayed in Lubbock to get some other things done. By the time we got there the girls were wiped out and asleep!! That happens a bunch with grandparents.


This is Taryn asleep in "her" bed at Doakie and Gramps house. Notice the BIG green monkey in the bed with her, that is Rusty the Monkey. hehe not to be confused with Uncle Rusty!!




Taryn had a blast at Rhealee's party playing with all the balloons that we had blown up. She played and played with her cousin's!! What is it with balloons that will keep kids entertained for hours?
We came home from Lockney on Sunday and had plans of doing not much on Monday and that is exactly what we did. It rained and snowed most of the day so we did a little laundry and watched t.v. for most of the day. Taryn went over to Ganky's to play with Megan but the rest of us stayed home and did nothing! It was very relaxing!!!
On Tuesday Cory cleaned out one of the back storage sheds. He cleaned out the shed that we hadn't been in for several years and most of the stuff in there was junk, so he did a lot of throwing away. In the process of cleaning out the shed he disturbed the guest that were staying there, free of charge. Well one of those guest became dinner for a Hawk. Yes, I said Hawk. We had a very large Hawk in our backyard!!!!
Cory was kind/brave enough to go out in the backyard and take a picture for me. In the process of taking the picture the Hawk decided that Cory was apparently interested in his meal so he came at Cory and Cory took off running. It was rather amusing, I was waiting for him to squeal like a little girl.



This is a really good picture that Cory took. You can see this birds fine dinning in his claws. Taryn wanted to know what it was he was eating and I told her a big mouse!!! She said, "but I like mice!" Well, sorry kid but mommy doesn't and that bird is welcome to come back for dinner anytime he wants!! Free of charge, my treat!!!


We couldn't let St. Patrick's Day pass without celebrating!!! So in honor of Rusty's birthday, my NaNa (who always treated us to meals of green), and St. Paddy's day I created green pancakes!! At first Taryn didn't want to eat them, but after explaining to her that it was just food coloring she ate every bite!! As did Rhealee!! They are my girls, nothing is better for breakfast than pancakes if you ask me.





Wednesday was so pretty, Cory finished cleaning out the back storage sheds and then the garage. I spent the morning running errands while the girls played at Ganky's. Then I spent the early afternoon cleaning out cabinets in the hallway. Man was I in a purging mood and did a bunch of things get tossed!!! When we picked the girls up from Joyce's the day was too pretty to waste away inside so we spent it playing. Rhealee took her first spin in the wagon with Taryn and then Taryn decided she wanted to pull Rhealee so I spent the rest of the time watching Cory clean and the girls playing. It made me very excited for Summer to get here!!!


Taryn loves her wagon!!! She loved pulling Rhealee around even more!!




I love this picture of Rhealee. Her little arms up in the air express exactly what her face was saying. She loved being in the wagon and loved having Taryn pull her around, and around, and around!!! I can see how we will be spending many morning in the summer!!
We spent Thursday in Lubbock going and paying on our season tickets, eating lunch with Gramps and Aunt Kami, going to Rhealee's 1 year check-up, getting Cory's eyes checked, getting Cory his first pair of glasses, and looking for a new kitchen table. It was a very busy day and the only day we left town!!
Friday started out pretty so Cory and I headed to Sundown to play a few holes of golf. We met up with the golf coach and some of the kids on the team. We played 9 holes before we decided it was getting cold and we really wanted to finish some things around the house. Taryn spent the night with Megan at Ganky's house so Cory and I ordered a pizza and watched a movie.
Saturday we spent the day doing little things around the house and not much of anything else. We have no big plans for Sunday except relaxing and getting ready to start back into the daily routine of school and track.
We have plans to go to Dallas next weekend with my family to see Rusty. WE are excited about getting away for the weekend.
Hope everyone has had a relaxing week and has a great week coming up!!!







1 comment:

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Yes, share! I found out I don't have Monday free like I thought I would, boo, but maybe that will be a good thing since there's not much to do, ha!